Speech Therapy Services
Speech pathologists serve individuals and families by treating disorders
involving speech, voice, language, communication and swallowing. Services
provided by the speech pathology staff at Titusville Area Hospital (TAH)
include the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up services for
pediatrics, adults and geriatrics.
Speech therapy services include:
- Speech -Includes disorders of articulation
- Language - Includes developmental and acquired disorders of receptive and
expressive communication skills.
- Swallowing Disorder/Dysphagia - Difficulty with chewing or swallowing.
Diagnostic testing may include a Modified Barium Swallow (MBS).
- Cognitive Aspects of Communication - Includes cognitive disorders associated
with language such as memory, thought organization, attention, and processing
- Voice Disorders - Includes impairments related to vocal performance such
as pitch, volume, breath support, vocal hygiene. An ENT diagnosis is required
prior to treatment for voice therapy.
- Fluency - Includes disorders related to stuttering, cluttering, and overall
rate of speech.
- Social Aspects of Communication - Ineffective social skills, lack of communication
opportunities, poor interactive skills
- Family/Caregiver Education - related to communication and swallowing disorders
- Alternative Communication Techniques -Includes identifying the most optimal
means of communication such as communication devices and aids and/or gesturing/sign language.
- Auditory Processing - Includes disorders related to the ability to process
information that has been given verbally.
For more information about speech therapy services or to schedule an appointment
call (814) 827-1851 x3830. Speech therapy services at TAH are by appointment only.